Thursday 12 September 2013

OPUS JAY: From Taipei to Hongkong

So OPUS JAY Taipei has come and gone.
True to and perhaps beyond expectations, there were many OMG moments (see my earlier posts) and I'm still reeling from some of them, chief of which were the Teresa Teng duets and the appearance of Mayday.
Jay also got togged out in some new outfits, one of which was the gold version of his rocker vest for the opening number.






I did not quite like this blue suit initially but after watching him sing Fine Day many times, it has grown on me and I love it! Sharp, smart and in such a stand-out colour....he looks really gorgeous!
NB: When I find a better photo, I'll re-post.










This white suit was nice:






And I really like this orange shirt and his fitted black pants here:


Which outfit did you guys like?




Anyway, Jay was terribly stressed out with his preparations for Taipei as he knows expectations of the home crowd are always high. He rehearsed into the wee hours of the morning and often chose to sleep in the JVR office instead of going home as it was nearer to Taipei Arena.
As he mentioned in the post-concert interview, it was a HUGE load off his back and he was very thankful that all had gone well.

Looks like Heavenly Kings are not spared anxieties either...gotta love him even more!
So Un-Diva-esque and down-to-earth.

I think he goes to extraordinary lengths for his Taipei fans and by extension, the rest of us from other countries also get to experience the fruits of his labour, albeit not first-hand.

Okay...enough of Taipei.
Let's move on to the Next Big Thing!




Jay has already arrived in Hongkong!
That's him with Devon Song pointing to the Hongkong Coliseum and all ready to rock the stage for NINE nights!




I'm still recovering from the marathon keeping-up sessions over his three shows in Taipei and am now wondering how I'll manage with nine over the next ten days or so.
Seriously, lack of sleep and massive eye strain every night got immensely tiring but you know what?

I CAN"T WAIT to do it all over again!!!!






C'mon....Jay's HK concerts are always very DIAO affairs, just about as DIAO as Taipei's, as the HK fans love him to bits (actually, fans EVERYWHERE love him to bits!) and the number of potential guest stars is just too good to anticipate!

I definitely expect Eric Tsang and Kenny Bee, his co-stars from The Rooftop to be there.
He has also written songs for so many of the HK artitstes like Jacky Cheung, Aaron Kwok, Eason Chan, Jordan Chan and many more.
And how about Anthony Wong? And Jackie Chan, who has mentioned that he would love to work with Jay some time soon?
And actor-friends like Shawn Yue and Chapman To?
Omg...maybe even Grasshopper??
Gosh...this is going to be fun!

I also expect he will sing and speak in Cantonese in his own cute way. :)

I think I had better get more sleep tonight. :)






1 comment:

  1. I do love his white suit.

    He looks soooo fantastic :-)

    ReplyDelete