Sunday 4 May 2014

OPUS 2 JAY: Shanghai 2 May 2014

Hi guys and gals! 
I hope all of you have been following my Facebook Page for OPUS 2 in Shanghai over the past few days, there has been LOAD of updates, pics and vids, which I shall now summarise in this post.


Here is a link to a translated article about the concert from Jay Chou Studio:



Now for my round up of the concert. 

First up, a pic of His Royal Diaoness descending from the sky (or so it seemed!), filling all the fans with wonder but it seemed he himself was somewhat filled with dread no thanks to the height.
But, as reported on his Page, he was very heartened when he looked down and saw his 80,000 fans in the stadium, the sight of which renewed his confidence. :)

NB: As usual, for more pics, please go to my Facebook Page album, as I shall only post some of my more favoured photos here.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.509428442495164.1073741965.399217090182967&type=3











Hmm....that long coat looks a little strange but overall, the outfit is quite impressive.
And anything is better than those balloony pants he wore in OPUS JAY.
I'm glad to report that he ditched them for OPUS 2. 

Vid of the opening:

After which he reappeared for Long Quan:





Final Battle:



As expected, there was no Rooftop segment but Jay had cleverly created another musical-style compilation of songs, based on Secret, with new costumes and a new story.
I love this tremendously as he looked superbly suave and handsome in his white jacket and black pants combo, complete with short tie and performing Free Instructional Video, Romantic Mobile Phone (with Cindy) and Mr Magic.
He definitely appeared to be having a lot of fun too! 

The dance with Cindy was really sweet, involving hand movements a la the dance with Ms Tsai in 2010 and Sign Language style in 2013. 
That's what I love about Jay.....his dance routines are never raunchy. 

Watch!




Looking a little serious here.....probably thinking of his steps or hoping he won't drop her! 






 Then Darren appeared and the story continued, and Fight Dance was next! 
I think it involved a Jay-Darren-Cindy love triangle. ;)



He then sang Secret:



Next came the soft rock segment:

All The Way North:

And then came the photo-taking with the fans and.....my fave song for the night, Jay's rendition of Rhythm Of The Rain, which he wrote for Vincent Fang's movie of the same name. 
With all due respect to the original singer, I just find that Jay sings it so much better, or maybe I'm just biased, like all the other fans who said the same thing. ;)


Another link of him bantering with the fans and taking the photo:


Isn't that such an awesome shot???
I hope he'll do the same in Singapore! 



Nunchucks:




Silence:



Cannot Speak:














I'm glad he kept the Big Ben/ Fine Day segment!



And the beloved guitar medley:





It was time for another new costume, with cap and baggy jacket, performing Battle Of Heaven And Earth!


Black Sweater:


And Surrounded, where he took his usual dig at the pappz, with Devon, Gary, Ju Pao, Xiao Mai, Xuegao all taking the stage:

Ukulele and Sunny Otaku:






Jay then got his trainers to teach the fans how to work out....cute!
And sang Where Is The Promised Happiness. :)





NB: I did not post the zhong guo feng segment. That was pretty much similar to other concerts in Opus 1. 


Well, as with all Jay Chou concerts, it was a night to remember. :)

I cannot wait to see him in November! 

No comments:

Post a Comment