Wednesday 15 May 2013

Happy Belated Birthday, Jay Chou DIAOness!

Omg...I just realised that I got my own birthday here wrong!

I wrote my first Jay Chou Diaoness post on 13 May 2012....somehow,kept thinking it was 16 May...lol!

Anyway, better late than never, right??

So here goes!


First off, a nice pic of Jay to begin with (I'll pretend he's giving me his stamp of approval with his favourite hand gesture!), complete with his elegant long fingers and the DIMPLE!!! Gawd...I LOVE that DIMPLE!!!!




Actually, I'm still wondering how in the world I came up with 121 posts over the past year about just ONE fandom viz Jay Chou, His Royal DIAOness. Guess it boils down to sheer passion and obsession about this multi-talented multi-hyphenate who keeps moving on and striving to do more exciting and interesting things for his beloved fans....like you and me.
If anything, my Jay-mania is even stronger now...and I did not think that was possible.

I'm also extremely gratified to note that people have found my blog useful and fun to read. Although I don't get that many comments, what I do get has been very positive and encouraging, so to all those who have done so, I thank you from the bottom of my fangirl heart!
I started blogging because I love writing and the English language; it gives me immense satisfaction as I've always harboured a secret dream of becoming a writer.

Who knows?? Maybe someone will offer me a book deal to write a biography about Jay!
He, of all people, deserves one (as I mentioned in one of my earliest posts) in English to let more non-Chinese know about him.

Anyone here has any offers? ;)

This blog (and my other three) has been, and will continue to be one of my 'spaces' to let loose my opinions and and feelings about Jay, as he is truly a very fascinating person to follow and I know I am not alone in thinking this way.


Well, seeing as it's a birthday celebration, howzabout giving me a shoutout in Comments to tell me what you like (or don't like!) about this blog so far,  what you hope to see being written about Jay or just to say Hi to me and tell me where you're from, 'cos I see that I have readers from all over the world...except the African continent.
Anyway, I still have loads of ideas about what I can write about Jay but it'd be nice to hear more. ;)

To end, I shall post some pics of Jay rehearsing in Shanghai to whet your appetites for his upcoming concert on 17 May...I'm soooo excited for that! Are you??

Yowza!!
Looks like he's going to play guitar and sing on stage...I hope he'll also play the double bass and ukulele. Oh and a Chinese instrument or two would be nice, Jay darling....(I'm so greedy, ya?) ;)






And lookee who that is??? (I want that hoodie! Actually, I'd rather have the guy who's wearing the hoodie in that pic but oh well...)




Cheers, all!

Hope to hear from you guys!

9 comments:

  1. Muy Feliz Aniversario .Quiero q sepas que visito a diaro tu blog , soy una fanatica de Jay Chou hace ya tres años,entiendo poco el inges asi que lo tradusco primero.Gracias a este blog e podido seguir mas de cerca a Jay y me siento muy emocionada por tus comentarios ya que me siento muy identificada como fanatica de este gran artista.Desde Chile muchas gracias y que tu blog no termine nunca.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings from Singapore to Chile!

      I used Google Translate to read your message.
      Thank you so much for your birthday wishes!

      If you don't mind, may I just ask how you became a fan of Jay? I'm always curious about things like that. :)

      Delete
  2. Muchas gracias por responder mi mensaje.Primero conoci a jay por la magia de internet ,no fue el primero me gustan varios artistas orientales,pero el conquisto mi corazon, su musica me acompaña a diario y soy feliz de conocerlo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi music has accompanied me daily too, ever since I fell in love with him two years ago. :)

      Delete
  3. Tenemos a un hombre maravilloso en comun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jay is absolutely incredible, and that piano...*melts* what a great show that must have been, do you know anything about the DVD of the concert?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Livia!

      Have you read my post about his Shanghai concerts yet? I've got fancam vids and pics there too.

      http://jaychoudiaoness.blogspot.sg/2013/05/opus-jay-in-shanghai.html

      The DVD will only be released after his Taipei concerts, I should think, 'cos that's the one which will most likely be recorded. :)

      Delete
    2. I did...
      If the DVD takes as long as the era world tour, it means that it will be six months after september till i can watch his concert :-(
      It's really hard to find original Jay albums and concerts here

      Delete
  5. Have you tried getting stuff from YesAsia? They're not too bad.

    ReplyDelete