Friday 28 March 2014

The QQ Jay Chou Music Awards 2014 (updated on 12/04/2014)

Yes, it was more the Jay Chou Music Show rather than the QQ Awards Music event on 27 March 2014.


1. Multiple awards, with links to his acceptance speeches where available.


Most Popular Male Singer


Best Movie Soundtrack for The Rooftop....yaaay!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSsSaNiOCN4&list=PLbHLPahX3mJ6FZ-XmG_vTpmRJ5VmnPZPD


Best Concert Video (I'm not too sure about which video or whether it is the concert DVD...will clarify when more info is available).


Most Multi-talented Artiste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfmC0_kXMeU&index=2&list=PLbHLPahX3mJ6FZ-XmG_vTpmRJ5VmnPZPD



2. He performed with Lang Lang, combining Chopin and Chou marvellously. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ybQFMam0mc&list=PLbHLPahX3mJ6FZ-XmG_vTpmRJ5VmnPZPD



3. Shila Amzah from I Am A Singer 2 performed his song, The Longest Movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eKktFt6dBQ&list=PLbHLPahX3mJ6FZ-XmG_vTpmRJ5VmnPZPD


4. Matilda Tao performed the song he wrote for her from her new album, True or False.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiH6B5Euptk&list=PLbHLPahX3mJ6FZ-XmG_vTpmRJ5VmnPZPD


5. Photo-taking and questions from the media.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a44zjrVU8_E


Jay says he will be concentrating on his music for this year but is also eager to work on Initial D II soon and hopes to reunite with the other actors.
He was also very happy with GEM and Shila's interpretation of his songs but hopes that more singers will use his newer songs as well. :)






News clip about Jay and interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYAK9WIyvsY

Translation:

"This is not my first collaboration with Lang Lang. However, this was particularly stressful as it was the first time I was playing the piano WITH him. We shot an MV together previously. But this was more stressful as he is such a world-class pianist. I felt even more anxious than when I'm singing. I had to practise everyday, something which I have not done for a very long time and it brought back memories of my student days.
I felt that what we did crossed boundaries and was really great.
I was thinking of how to combine pop and classical and it occurred to me that the music in Secret and Ju Hua Tai might work...and it did, to my pleasant surprise.

When I received my awards, I wanted to encourage everyone to cooperate and make Chinese music even better and not be overtaken by other countries. Everyone can make beautiful music for a beautiful world.
My must-win streak has mellowed somewhat. Perhaps it's due to age, but of late, I prefer to work with other people instead of going solo as I did previously.

Regarding the use of my song, Nunchucks in the closing credits of The Green Hornet, I felt this was a good step forward for Chinese music and I hope that augers well for future of Chinese music.

Regarding Initial D 2:

I was very fortunate to see the draft for the sequel. However, everything is still under wraps. And after seeing the script, I feel that it is about time to shoot this movie. It has been about ten years and manga characters don't age! I'll have to work out my schedule for this year and hope to start filming soon.

I still write songs for other artistes. Last year, I released the OST for The Rooftop and it can be considered an album, albeit not a solo one.
As such, I want to release my studio album earlier this year by July so as not to keep my fans waiting too long."


                                                                  *************

As usual, I shall end off with three absolutely fantastically handome pics from his AIMA commercial:





Now to wait for The Brain which will be broadcast soon!

1 comment:

  1. Jay is indeed an awesome, multi-talented artist. Thanks for sharing. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete