Monday 20 August 2012

Chou Biz: Restaurants!

I've mentioned in an earlier post about Jay's multi-faceted roles, apart from being a singer-songwriter, actor and director.

http://jaychoudiaoness.blogspot.sg/2012/05/man-with-many-hats.html

Jay has shown remarkable business acumen over the years, but not without some failures along the way.
Recall that he opened an antiques shop very early on in his career....which failed. But he took it in his stride, admitting that he only did so because he wanted a place to store the antique masterpieces.

His Royal DIAOness has always maintained that he goes into these businesses out of interest and passion and to help his friends, rather than for profiteering...and I believe him.


 Jay loves food...that much is obvious from the many talkshows which have him trying out different cuisines and his ventures into the F&B industry, with good results!




I fully intend to make a trip to Taiwan one day to visit his restaurants and top of my list would be Mr J French-Italian Restaurant, with its Secret theme, on the premises of the Taipei Medical University.
I'm fairly certain I would just die of ecstasy in there and not want to leave as Secret is my most favourite movie ever and the amount of memorabilia in the restaurant is really quite amazing!
Most of all, I want to play on the Secret piano!!!

Here is a link with very nice, clear pics and a comprehensive review:

http://reviews.noobcook.com/mr-j-ii/


The next stop for me would be Deja Vu, Jay's magic-themed restaurant which he opened together with Will Liu and the famed illusionist, Liu Quan.
This is where he has housed his Batmobile and other props from Pandamen.

Here's a link from the Jay Chou Studio archives:

http://www.multistars.com/forums/index.php?topic=14568.msg291062#msg291062

And one from a Chinese website, with nice pics:

http://www.nownews.com/2011/11/05/37-2746797.htm



And last but not least, I would definitely head for his latest food joint, Peng Yan Dou Fu (Fujiwara Tofu Shop), inspired by his Initial D experience.
This one has the Toyota AE86, naturally. :)

From Jay Chou Studio archives with good pics:

http://www.multistars.com/forums/index.php?topic=15064.0

I'll end with some pics of Mr J merchandise:

A kind friend bought this keychain for me when she went to Taiwan: 



Jay modelling the Fujiwara Tofu teeshirt:








And...ahem...that's me modelling the back of the teeshirt...lol!





More on his other business ventures in future posts!














No comments:

Post a Comment